Friday 4 October 2013

Interview : TheSimSupply! With Pixel

      TheSimSupply is one of the biggest simming builders around! His popular speed builds, tutorials and Let's Plays make him one of the most entertaining simmers on YouTube ! He talked to PixelGaming on many things including The Sims 4 and his experience at SimsCamp!

TheSimSupply Interview

     1. As I think most people know already you were invited to Sims Camp in Cologne this year, what would you say is your favourite memory from the trip?
Honestly it is meeting all the other amazing simmers from around the world. It's such a rare opportunity to have all of us in one place that it is just so unreal. We all got along immediately because we have The Sims in common and became friends in a matter of seconds!

2. You are one of the biggest and most influential builders in The Sims community, what can we expect in the future?
I'll be certainly doing more builds in the future, it takes a lot of inspiration and a lot of time to get them done, so I often have periods where I don't produce any new builds, then others that are crammed full of them, I have one that I'm working on at the moment which I hope you guys will love!

3. Your Let's Plays have also done very well! Can we expect an ITF Lets Play?
Most definitely you can expect an Into The Future let's play, as the final expansion for The Sims 3 it is really going to be bitter sweet, but I honestly can't wait to get stuck into it!

4. You have also been doing a lot of collaborations lately, are there anymore to come?
I have an amazing collaboration with Steph0sims that should be coming out soon, we finished it a few months back actually but haven't recorded our commentary yet, it is truly an astonishing house, Steph did such a fantastic job furnishing it!

5. Random question time! Favourite colour?
 I'm a sucker for a nice aqua blue, hence the colour of my channel and thumbnails!



6. Favourite Film?
Favourite film is a hard question, I don't have one specific on that I could identify, but I love Zoolander, Anchorman, Mean Girls, basically, silly comedy movies. I'm also a big fan of Star Wars and Back To The Future, bit of a Sci-Fi fan!

7. If you could take one aspect from the Sims 3 and put it into the Sims 4 what would it be?
I bet you're expecting me to say CAST, but to be 100% honest, I don't mind if CAST is in the game or not, I can understand why people want it there and are so passionate about it, but it doesn't affect me at all really. What I would really love to take over from The Sims 3 is the build mode cheats we have now, or some sort of equivalent of them. They have not made any comments on CFE or an equivalent in The Sims 4 just yet, but I'm sure there will be, here's hoping anyway!

8. Favourite and least favourite expansion pack?
My favourite expansion of ALL time is The Sims 2 Open For Business, I just love creating a home business and doing things may way. For me it just really brings the tycoon aspect into The Sims, it's just awesome. Least favourite I would have to say The Sims 3 Supernatural, only because I really don't like unreal things in my game, and that expansion really didn't appeal to me that much.

9. You have been lucky enough to get a sneak peek at the Sims 4, tell me can we expect good things?
The Sims 4 honestly looks amazing. Even though we have all had the chance to share what we saw at Simscamp now, you guys obviously don't get to see the presentations they gave us, and they way they explained everything. I'll put it this way, after Simscamp, I was 100% convinced that The Sims 4 will be the best base game in the series by far.

10. Where do you see your channel in one year?
One year is a long time; I'll be in the midst of my university course then and a busy little bee. The only thing I can say really is that I hope people still enjoy my content and that I still enjoy creating it!



11. If you could create the first expansion for The Sims 4, what would it be?
I always feel as though the first expansion is one of the most important ones, and to be honest, I don't feel as though The Sims 3 hit the nail on the head with that one, World Adventures just didn't do it for me. For The Sims 4 I'd love to see something truly new, truly innovative in The Sims, if not already, I'd love to see proper shopping malls, plazas, etc, large buildings, locations fully functional, I think that'd just be freaking awesome.

12. What's your favourite new Sims 4 building feature
I'm really impressed with "rooms" in The Sims 4, and how smoothly it all works. The ability to pick up an entire room, wallpaper, windows, furniture, everything, and then being able to rotate it, move it around and even between levels? It just works so nicely! I requested that they add an eye dropper for an entire room as well, as I think it would be handy if you were building a hotel or similar, to be able to eye drop an entire room!

13. Favourite SimGuru?
Choosing a favourite Guru is like choosing your favourite child! They are all so adorably lovable. I would say SimGuruLauren though, since I met her in February we've become pretty good friends and I can't wait to hopefully catch up with her again one day!

14. Favourite woohoo spot?
To be honest, I barely make my Sims woohoo. I don't even know half of the places you can do it! My Sims are on a strict procreation basis ;). I found the one in the Aurora Skies hot air balloon amusing though!

15. Finally! Do you prefer store content or content from stuff packs?
In the beginning I would have said Stuff Packs, because we were accustom to them after The Sims 2, but the store team lately have just been doing such fantastic work and I do prefer some of the things on the store over regular stuff packs.

No comments:

Post a Comment