Tuesday 10 September 2013

The Sims 3 and Mods

Around the time of the generations release I was getting desperate for large families in my game, so after many simming years of just having 8 sims in a family I started looking into mods. Now mods aren't for everyone and some people even consider it as cheating but I love the ways I can enhance my game play by adding in mods that increase the games functionality and even fix some issues. Before I go further I would like to say thank you to the mod creators that put so much work into the mods they create and keep them up to date when patches, EPs and SPs come out.

Why use mods:  There are 2 reasons I use mods.
1) They can fix some annoying lag issues by resetting stuck neighbours and clearing up stuff in worlds.
2) They can add to the game play allowing you to control the world more and allow you sims to do more i.e. take out loans, get more choice in part-time job.

WARNING:  Please read any instructions regarding a mod before installing. When patching or installing new games, temporarily remove all mods (and update them before putting back).
Installing mods: you will need to set up you game to allow mods/custom content, It is simple and only needs to be done once.  Steps on how to do this can be found here.

Where to find mods:
To see how I use mods check out my video.


MOD golden rules:
  •           Update or Install, remove mods prior to an update or install.
  •          Update or Install Sim games = update or check mod compatibility before adding back in.
  •          Don’t mix up core mods, stick to one.
  •           Always read the creators documentation to check compatibility of a mod with your game.
  •           Keep your mods folder organised, it will just make things easier for you.
  •          If you don’t use a mod remove it, too many mods or certain mods can slow down you game so keep on top of this.
Thanks for reading.

SimtasticWorld :D

No comments:

Post a Comment