Wednesday 21 August 2013

Interview : Cleverbox Pictures

Cleverbox Pictures is one of the biggest Sims machinima artists around! From long running Sims machinma episodes, to the latest news Cleverbox Pictures has it all! He also made the famous "SIM REACTS TO SIMS 4" machinima. The channel has even branched off into making Let's Plays too! I got the chance to interview Cleverbox Pictures (Jonny), read it below!


1. So, how did you originally get into The Sims franchise!
    My friends would always talk about The Sims, and how it had only just been released and how it was like no game they had ever played before. I didn't know what it was, until I saw it in the store. The box alone drew me in, it was like a slice of virtual life that I could control, no body else. I bought it and from that moment on I have been a fan.



2. Your channel CleverBox Pictures has 3.5K subscribers! Did you ever think you would make it so far?
    I honestly never thought my YouTube channel would make it this far. When I first started I had under 50 subscribers, and even then I thought that was a lot. I am lucky and incredibly privileged to have this many fans and followers. I love each and every one of them for being there through thick and thin.

3. Are you excited for The Sims 4?
    I am more excited about The Sims 4 than any of the other sequels, and we know hardly anything about it. I am ready to move on with my Sims and embrace a completely new set of gameplay features.

4. Can you tell us about your new series "Enclosure"?
    Enclosure is something I've been thinking about for a long time, and although the trailer and prologue videos didn't do quite as well as expected, I'm sure the first episode will answer a lot of questions fans have about it. It's mysterious, creepy, and sort of romantic in an odd sort of way. The first episode will be released some time in the summer.

5. If you could bring back an expansion for The Sims 4, which one would it be?
    Open For Business. I loved the Expansion Pack for The Sims 2, it was a fun way of blending two time management games into one. I would love to be able to run a business in The Sims 4 and maybe from a small corner shop to a huge shopping mall. 



6. What type of simmer are you?
    I love creating Sims and building a family tree.

7. Are you looking forward to the Movie Stuff pack and Into The Future?
    They look excellent and I'm about to pre-order them both now. Into The Future sounded like something I wouldn't buy as I'm not into the whole Sci-Fi thing when it comes to The Sims, but from the look of the trailer it looks amazing. I have always dreamed about living in a futuristic world with flying cars, and now my Sims are able to.

8. Do you prefer store content or stuff pack content?
    I have never bought anything from the store, I can't justify spending that amount. However, I do like Stuff Packs, perhaps only to look good on my shelf along side my other games.

9. What new feature would you love to see in The Sims 4?
    I would like my Sims to be able to multi-task, for example, pick up the phone while making dinner. I want a real open world where everything and everyone lives and dies with my Sims, I know that's what we have now in The Sims 3, but it doesn't feel like it. I want relationships to take a leap in how they effect our Sims' everyday lives, for example, seeing an ex-girlfriend in the street should completely change your Sims mood, and not just a buff, but the way they walk, talk and act around other Sims. I want emotion, and I think that's something we are going to get.

10. Do you prefer to kill or create Sims?
     Create Sims! I'm a lover not a fighter!

11. Finally, where do you see your channel in five years time?
      I can't answer that, it is all down to my fans. I will continue to make machinima for years to come, and if people continue to watch, then I hope my channel will keep growing and maybe one day it will reach a milestone similar to the other great Sims YouTubers out there. But that is just a dream right now.

Thanks for having me!

No comments:

Post a Comment