Saturday 24 August 2013

Interview : SeventhPlumbob

Surprise time! Popular community member, blog runner and tweeter Seventh Plumbob agreed to so an interview with us! From his opinionated blogs to his charismatic tweets, he is a well known community member! Check out our interview below and his blog!



1. So, how did you originally get into the Sims franchise!
I was quite young when The Sims came out and my parents couldn't afford a computer for me, but my mum bought The Sims and played it on the family computer. I would pull up a chair and watch, and occasionally she'd actually let me play (she was, like me, very overprotective with her Sims games!).


My new computer was just in time for The Sims 2; from that point on, I had a complete addiction with the franchise. However, I did stop playing for a bit after my computer couldn't handle Seasons and beyond - I resumed again as soon as I got a new computer, with much better specs that could actually handle the game!

2. Did you ever think your website would be this big?
I wouldn't call my website big, although it's very nice that you say that! xD My site does have a steady stream of readers though, which is admittedly something that I never thought was going to happen.

My Twitter, however, was something that I never ever expected to be at the point it was. It's a lovely thought to know that people are interested in what I do with the site, and my opinions. It's nice to be able to interact with everyone and get their ideas, and it's really cool to know that people actually want to give their opinions and ideas!


3. Are you excited for The Sims 4?
Very much so! Well, I am as long as the hair in the preview picture (the one with the eyes and different facial expressions) isn't the actual hair! :P

I'm really excited for a new instalment into The Sims Franchise as I feel that it's about time that we moved onto some big new features that will really massively enhance our gameplay - The Sims 3 is a great game but I feel as though, five years after its release, it's about time that we had a new game which is up-to-date with technology and can provide us with the best experience possible.

4. Can you tell us about your new series "The Story of an Angel"?
No. LOL! I'm sorry, I'm just kidding! xD

5. If you could bring back an expansion for The Sims 4, which one would it be?
I would bring back Seasons for The Sims 4, because it always adds so much fun into the game! I absolutely love weather in the game, along with seasonal events, and festivals; I loved every single aspect of that expansion, and I always use it and feel a noticeable difference because of its presence.

6. What type of simmer are you?
I'm an all-round simmer, although I do find myself creating things more than I just play the game; this is something I want to change with The Sims 4. It'd be nice to actually feel the urge to play the game, rather than only feeling the urge to create things and make stories.

I'm mainly a creator, but I do enjoy every aspect of the game.


7. Are you looking forward to the Movie Stuff pack and Into The Future?
I'm looking forward to Into The Future SO much! Although I wasn't initially too impressed with the choice (I favoured a business expansion much more) I am really ecstatic at the thought of going into the future and enjoying all of the new features and futuristic objects. The feature I am most excited for would have to be Plumbots - the customisation abilities look amazing, and the trait chips are a really smart idea that will add a lot of fun into the game.

I am never too excited for stuff packs, sadly. Movie Stuff will definitely be a fun addition but, because they are tackling more than one theme with one stuff pack, it's likely that no theme will be fully completed to the extent that I would want it to be.

8. Do you prefer Store Content or Stuff Pack Content?
You get more for your money in stuff packs, but store content has premium content and is made to a higher standard, and focuses on only one theme per set. For those reasons, I prefer store content by quite a substantial amount!

9. What new feature would you love to see in The Sims 4?
It's really difficult for me to think of a new feature that I'd love to see in The Sims 4. I made a post on my website detailing all of the little things I like. I guess that the main thing I'd like, which I feel would benefit the game a lot, would be a long-term consequences for actions, where memories really do play an important part in the lives of our sims. So arguments would have a bigger fashion, social groups and circles would make rumours spread; long-term consequences would make the whole game feel much more connected, and would make it a lot more fun.

10. Do you prefer to kill or create Sims?
I prefer to create sims, because I get quite emotional when I kill sims!

11. Who is your favourite SimGuru?
My favourite SimGuru would have to be SimGuruSparkle, because she is British and is a little monster (Gaga fan)! She is also always very conversational on Twitter, which is nice. All of the SimGurus are very good though, and I like Smitty and Graham a lot (they're very very close to the top)!

12. Finally, where do you see your site in five years time?
In five years time, I see my site going strong; we'll be nearing the end of The Sims 4 at that time, most likely, so I suspect that the site will be filled with reviews of The Sims 4 and opinions about the various things they give us in relation. I hope to make the site a much more frequently updated thing so that people will want to come back again, and that people will find the site useful and entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment