Saturday 24 August 2013

Interview : SimsVIP

SimsVIP is one of the biggest (maybe even the biggest) Sims news site! From game guides to funny April Fools jokes, SimsVIP (Alexis) is known for interacting with the community and having fun whilst still giving us our Sim news! Check out my interview with Alexis below!

SimsVIP Logo

Hey guys! Alexis here! Thanks so much for interviewing me! It's a honor!

1. So this year you managed to get one million hits on SimsVIP in one month! How have you reacted to the amazing success the site has had?
    It was truly an amazing milestone for the site, and I cannot be happier! It's great to know that the site provides a "Simming Fix" for so many Simmers. 


2. You've recently started to post some overviews and original content on your YouTube channel, what can we expect to see in the future from the channel?
    I've wanted to expand the site and try out new ways of covering news and overviews. This is just a start of what is to come, and believe me, there's some exciting new videos coming in the very near future! Be sure to subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/TheSimsVIP

3. Are you excited for The Sims 4?
    I am most definitely excited for the new generation of Sims. I have been an avid player since the original, so I cannot wait to see what this next series has to offer.

4. What new big feature do you want to see in the next base game?
    Just one?! :D There's plenty I would love to see, but since I have to pick one, it will have to be the ability to create lifestates in CAS. One of the many interesting aspects of the game for me are lifestates, so the abilities added with The Sims 3 Supernatural are something I really want present in The Sims 4 base game. 

5. If you could create the first expansion for The Sims 4 that was new to the whole Sims franchise, what would it be?
   Assuming it is not something available with the Base Game: Open for Business. 



6. What type of simmer are you?
    I'm a Sim creator and Screenshot Taker! One of my favorite things to do is place my newly created Sims in a "fixed" setting. Here is a screenshot of the latest Sims and "scene" I created: http://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvip/9228470180/

7. Are you looking forward to the Movie Stuff pack and Into The Future? 
   Definitely! Movie Stuff adds the perfect combination of "stuff" for my Sim creating! I am especially going to have fun with the Western theme!

Into the Future is looking good thus far! I was very skeptical about the theme, but it turns out I have an interest in it after seeing the trailer. Can't wait for more info! 

8. What has been your favourite expansion pack of all time during the Sims series?
    The Sims 3 Seasons. While it doesn't add the bulk of gameplay like other expansions, weather is a very important part of my game. 

9. Would you prefer a more realistic approach to the Sims 4 or an approach that is more of a fantasy?
    I would have to say a balance of both. While I would love to have some more realism in the aspects that affect a Sim's daily life and relationships, I would also like to keep the not-so-real aspects as well. A good balance of both can't be a bad thing. 

10. Do you prefer to kill or create Sims?!
      Both! (as long as I've saved the special ones in my CAS bin) ;) 

11. Which expansion would you like to see return for The Sims 4?
      To be honest, I would love to see brand new ideas for The Sims 4, similar to the "fresh and new" theme of Into the Future. I want expansions that can't be compared to any from the previous series. While weather & pets are a must, I would like to see those types of additions worked into new themes. 

12. Who is your favourite SimGuru?
      I do not have a favorite, but I do eat lots of TaterTots! :P

13. Do you prefer store content or content from Stuff packs?!
      I prefer them both equally. While stuff packs are great CAS/Object additions, The Store has released many fan requests for interactive premium content. 

No comments:

Post a Comment