Saturday 24 August 2013

Interview : ThePinkPlumbob101

Alot of you guys will of heard of ThePinkPlumbob101, a dedicated simmer and Let's Player that has over 250 subscribers on YouTube and comes off really charming and relaxed in her Let's Plays!



1. So, how did you originally get into the Sims franchise?
    Okay this is a little weird but this girl all the way from Belarus comes to stay with my family every summer. A few years ago she asked if I had any Sim games. I didn't (unfortunately) and asked her what it was about and everything like that. A little while later I got The Sims 2 for my birthday.


2. You've been making Let's Plays for a while, what advice would you give to someone making a Let's Play series?
    I love doing Let's Plays! My biggest advice is to have a good quality microphone and recording software. It can make or break your videos success. Also, do not EVER give up. People will find a way to try and tear you down. Don't let them stop you.

3. Are you excited for The Sims 4?
    Of course I am! The only thing I'm not excited about is all the money I will end up spending. I cant wait to find out all of the new features that will come with the game.

4. What new big feature do you want to see in the next base game?
    NO rabbit-holes and more stores so your Sims can shop. Like, if I wanted my Sim to buy a computer, they would have to go to an electronics store and pick one out. Also, I would love if our Sims got credit cards. Hey, what can I say? I'm a girl.

5. If you could create the first expansion for The Sims 4 that was new to the whole Sims franchise, what would it be?
    Probably a music EP. I am a music freak so that would work out pretty well I think. Your Sims could have numerous jobs in the music industry and have like a world based around L.A. I know it sounds sort of like The Sims 3 Showtime but I want a huge emphasis on the music. 


6. What type of simmer are you?!
    I'm a storyteller. I love that one second of clicking the play button on a new household. When your done decorating and everything. I always have a back story and play at their lives to the point it could be a book. Every Sim is different, and it's important to express that.

7. Are you looking forward to the Movie Stuff pack and Into The Future?
    I'm not really looking forward to Movie Stuff because honestly? I'm not going to use much from that pack. Into The Future? Heck yeah! It looks awesome, it's great Let's Play material. The only thing is I might not use it that much in my normal game play. But it will still be nice to have.

8. What has been your favourite expansion pack of The Sims 3?
    I love all of them in a different way, but my favourite has to be Late Night. I love having my Sims live in apartments in the city. Its such a fun pack with all the party stuff going on at night. I think the celebrity system added a nice touch. Having my Sims be actors is really cool too.

9. Did the idea of time-travel appeal to you when Into The Future got announced as an expansion?
    When I very first heard the news I was sooo disappointed. The idea seemed really dumb and pointless. But after seeing a little game play and the trailer, I was all in for it.

10. Finally, do you have a Lets play in mind once Island Paradise has finished?
      I will be doing an Into The Future LP after Island Paradise.
Thank you so much for letting me be interviewed! I would also like to thank all of my supporters, I wouldn't be able to be where I am today without you guys. Keep Calm and Sim On! ~ThePinkPlumbob101 

No comments:

Post a Comment