Friday 30 August 2013

Interview : MajikGeek!

In the final August interview, I ask questions to long time simmer and the founder of "TS3 Cribs!" - Yes! It's MajikGeek! I interview him on The Sims 4, his show and more!


1. So can you tell us how you've got into The Sims franchise?
I use to go to my dads for the summer and one summer when I was about 9, I went to my dads and my sisters were playing The Sims. They taught me how to play and I've been in love ever since :D It just pulls you in. Simming is an addiction. I am a simoholic and I have been for 13 years.

2. Are you excited for The Sims 4?
I have mixed emotions about it. I feel like they may have dumbed it down a little. I'm excited, but I'm worried that it won't be as good as we all expected. I will buy it and do Let's Plays though.

3. What new feature would you love to see in The Sims 4?
I know it won't be in TS4, but I really wanted each individual sim to have their own amount of simoleons instead of one big lump sum. So, children could do chores for money, get money for good grades, etc. And ZOO'S! PLEASE EA, PLEASE! haha.

4. What do you make of the new emotions system in the next base game?
I think it's amazing how every little thing effects the sim in different ways. I like how paintings effect the mood, not just the "environment". And the poor food, healthy food thing is awesome, because you know if a sim gets too obese they may become depressed. Fascinating right?? I'm excited to have one crazy bipolar sim :D 

5. You make TS3 Cribs, where did the idea come across?
I do indeed! I'm friends with the creator of The Simwives of Starlight Shores and I seen how much fun he was having making a series. I feel like just making LP's puts you in a small box. One night I was watching HGTV and saw a series where they just show off the house, than people bid on it. Now while I wouldn't want people to "bid" on these house, my mind went to MTV Cribs. And it hit me! I could just tour houses, talk a bit, and help builders out a little more in the process. I believe they deserve so much more recognition than they truly get. So thus my baby was born!


6. Do you find it hard choosing houses to showcase?
*sigh* it's so difficult. A lot of gorgeous cribs and I can only show so many. It's definitely a struggle to choose which houses will make it into an episode and which ones I have to pass on for now or for good.

7. If you could create the first expansion (old or new) for The Sims 4, what would it be?
I think Open for Business needs a HUGE come back. I think that'll be a great way to set the sims off. Also weather, because weather can affect the sims moods so much more now. Rather than just too hot or too cold. I'd be happy with either one. I'm really hoping for a zoo in TS4. I love animals, I'd love to see monkeys, lions, bears, elephants, etc. Maybe make a zoologist and veterinarian career. That'd be perfect.

8. Are you looking forward to Into The Future and Movie Stuff?
Into the Future? Most definitely. I'm excited to make an LP on it. Travel into the three different futures. OWN A FREAKIN' ROBOT! I think that's what I'm excited for the most haha. Should be interesting. I am, however, not that excited for Movie Stuff. I don't even know if I'll buy it right away.

9. Do you prefer store content or content from stuff packs?
Ohhh, this is so tough. I like both! Store content is just a little over priced. But I'd buy a stuff pack over a new set any day. I love adding to my collection!

10. What can we expect in future episodes of TS3 Cribs?
I'm hoping to get better and better with my graphics, commentary, and pick up some new editing styles. I may be switching my time from 12:00PM to 5:00 or 6:00PM, because I'm returning to college and everyone else is going back to school. I'd like to make it more convenient for them and myself. Also, I have something HUGE planned for the season one finale on November 15th! So I hope everyone stays tuned! If anyone would like to submit a house they can go majiksim.tumblr.com for submission rules :D

11. Finally! Can you tell us if there will be a TS4 Cribs?
IF they give these builders the tools they need to make the houses they make now or better, there will be a TS4 Cribs. IF they hold back and do not give the builders the tools they need to make the amazing houses they make now, unfortunately  there will be no TS4 Cribs. Just keep an eye out a few weeks after TS4 is released and we see what it is all about in build mode.

Stay Golden,
Majik~

No comments:

Post a Comment