Tuesday 20 August 2013

Interview : Simified

Simified is one of the biggest Sim news sites around! Of course you know about Simified! Now Simified (Arthur) has also branched out to YouTube building an array of lots! Check out my interview with Arthur below.



1. Can you tell us the story of how you got into The Sims?
    The Sims was a game that I had discovered while visiting family one time. I was only 10 years old at the time. My cousin was playing the game and it looked like a lot of fun, so I wrote down the name and then went out to get the game. I was so excited to get home and play it on my own computer and that lead to hours and hours of fun! As I followed the franchise more I learned of new expansion packs such as Hot Date, Vacation, and Superstar and started getting them all. I own all of The Sims 1, The Sims 2, and The Sims 3 so far. Can't wait to add The Sims 4!


2. This year you started up a new YouTube channel, what can we expect from it? Will we see any older type community lots (such as pools and clubs) also being built?
    From the Simified YouTube channel you can expect a variety of different things, especially coming soon! Right now I do overview videos for houses and other lots that I build using The Sims 3. I do want to make try my hand at Create a Sim videos, or possibly a Let's Play series. As far as older types of lots like pools, clubs, etc. you might. Right now my focus is on Island Paradise as I love building houseboats and resorts at the moment and have a few requests that I will be working on. Stay tuned!

3. Are you excited for The Sims 4?
    Words can't even describe! I'm very excited for The Sims 4 and can't wait to learn more about it.

4. What would you love to see in The Sims 4?
    The list could get very very long here, but I'll keep it pretty basic. I'd want to see updated graphics to bring more realism. Seasons (basic such as rain, snow, etc.) I would love to have in The Sims 4 base game. Open lots that we can build (because I love building) and I would also like to be able to own and run those lots such as a restaurant or bakery. I'd like to see Sims with more of a personality and more fluid animations as far as going from interaction to interaction that you queue up for your Sims to complete, where they feel less like a robot or are being controlled. As far as Sims themselves, improved appearance, clothing styles, moving hair, and more. I think mostly what I'd want are the little details too, like Sims getting in or out of their cars, things that bring realism into the game, but still keep it fun like always.

5. If you could create an expansion, old or new for The Sims 4, what would it be?
    I would create an expansion that brings many new build tools and buy mode items. Usually there aren't many new build mode tools added over the course of the game, but I think that's an area they could always add more, like they do with objects and clothing currently. I would also love to see new ideas but still bring back older ones too from The Sims 1 or 2.



6. What type of simmer are you?
    I build, I play, and I have fun with The Sims. I really enjoy building and expressing my creativity and experimenting with ideas. I also like creating Sims and playing them out. So much fun!

7. The Into The Future expansion announce had a polarising effect due to the theme, are you looking forward to the time travel related expansion?
    Yes I am! Into The Future looks amazing so far for what we know about it. I'm excited to learn more about the future world and more of the new futuristic objects. Already though, the world looks really nice and things like PlumBots and hoverboards (and all of the new hovering transportation modes) are all things I can't wait to bring to my Sims.

8. What has been your favourite expansion pack of all time?
     If it's The Sims 1 I'd have to say Hot Date. If it's The Sims 2 I'd have to say Open for Business. If it's The Sims 3 I'd have to say Island Paradise.

9. Who is your favourite SimGuru?
    All of the Gurus are my favourite. They're amazing people and have so much enthusiasm, passion, and excitement for the game. They work really hard and most of their hard work and effort is not really thought about when you're actually playing the game.

10. Do you prefer to kill or create sims?
      I like to create my Sims. I don't like to kill my Sims because I become attached to them.

11. Finally, do you prefer store content or content that you get from stuff packs?
      Either method of content is fine as I have a mix of both at the moment for The Sims 3. If I had to choose though for The Sims 4, I would prefer to just have Store Content and Expansion Packs, no Stuff Packs.

No comments:

Post a Comment