Thursday 22 August 2013

Interview : PixelSims

Another on the rise YouTube channel, PixelGaming is a British gamer who adds the British humour to his videos which makes for fun times! Read my Interview with him below!


1. So, how did you originally get into the Sims franchise!
    This is a bit of a long story, but as a kid I often spent a week at my cousins house in the summer holidays. It was here that I first played The Sims 2. I was addicted almost instantly! At the time I had no access to a personal computer -only the family one- so I had to play the game through other means, aka the PS2. This went on for a while, until for Christmas '10 when I got a Laptop, two days after that the Sims 3 was installed onto my computer, and I haven't stopped playing since.


2. Your YouTube channel has got over 100 subscribers and 20 000 video views, how have you responded to the crazy reaction from the community?
    Honestly sometimes I look at the analytics on YouTube and it is mind-blowing! People have viewed my videos all around the world and in all 50 states of America. The support and love I receive when I make the videos is incredible too! Although I still consider myself a very small channel, I feel very lucky to be part of the simming community where I have made some amazing friends. This is what is perhaps most incredible, is all the amazing people I have met from all around the world. I feel incredibly humbled by the whole thing.

3. Are you excited for The Sims 4?
    The Sims 4 seems to be one of the most exciting changes to the Sims franchise yet! Everything seems re-designed and I am sure they will learn from some of the mistakes from the Sims 3 (*cough* Katy Perry Sweet Treats *cough*) and at this point I will have my new computer as well so all will be good, I honesty cannot wait!

4. What new big feature do you want to see in the next base game?
    I would really hope that weather was put into the base game. Although Seasons is a very good expansion pack, it felt almost lacklustre in a way. It was not as full of content as everyone expected, and there were some issues with lag etc. when it snowed and such. This could be evaded by simply making weather a base-game feature, besides this is a life simulation game, and weather is a huge part of life. (Trust me, I am British).

5. If you could make a new expansion to the Sims franchise, what would it be?
    I would love to see a new sports and leisure based expansion pack, maybe set in a mountainous town. It would be incredible to see Sims ski down slopes then go to the lodge and stop for a hot chocolate. I know it is a bit odd, but it could be very beautifully done, and could add a lot of game-play! I mean the Sims 3 Island Paradise was island and beach based, would it not be cool to have a snowy mountain based expansion pack? It is just an idea I have tossed around sometimes.



6. Do you prefer to tell stories, build or go crazy with life on The Sims?
    For me personally I simply love to build in the Sims 3. It takes me a lot of time to come up with something I like, but in the end I think the finished product is usually quite good; they often get a lot of views and positive feedback as well. I also enjoy the living aspect, although I am not driven by a fixed story line (I prefer to leave it to luck and chance; more like real-life then) , but saying that I do not enjoy taking the challenge and realism out the game. There is only so much fun you can have after motherloding sixteen times...


7. Are you looking forward to the Movie Stuff pack and Into The Future?
    I am an avid collector of the Sims 3 and have all the EP's and SP's bar one (Bet you can guess which...), and I will be getting both no matter what. However I do think that if Movie Stuff is done right it could be very good! Plenty of CAS for both genders and all age groups is a must, but so far from what I have seen I am fairly excited for it! As far as Into the Future is concerned, it looks incredible! I honestly cannot believe how good it looks! I cannot wait to get my hands on it! It may well be one of my favourite expansion packs to date!

8. What has been your favourite expansion pack of all time?
    This can be quite a difficult question for some, but my clear favourite has to be Late Night. It was just amazing to have the cityscape, and the whole wealth and fame system is almost intoxicating. Not to mention both the Build/Buy objects and the CAS were both incredible! I still use them regularly, especially CAS. I just loved the expansion pack from the moment I heard about it, and I still love it today!

9. How do you think The Sims 2 compares to The Sims 3?
    Honestly my opinion is a little biased on this one. As I mentioned before, I did not really play the Sims 2 bar on the PS2, which can give a misleading impression... However The Sims 2 was full of very funny quirks and jokes, and overall was an amazing game! The expansions only added to this further, however I must say I prefer the Sims 3 for one main reason, customisation. I hated how in the Sims 2 colours and patterns could be incredibly limited, and it was hard to get a good looking house, or a unique looking Sim. The Sims 3 changed all of this! Suddenly millions of options were available and it has lead to better buildings and better Sims than the Sims 2. So for that reason I must say I prefer the Sims 3.

10. Who is your favourite SimGuru?
      This is a bit of a difficult question, but I must say on the whole the entire Sims 3/4 team seem incredibly nice and passionate about the game! They play an active part of the community -especially on Twitter- but if I had to pick one it would probably be SimGuruKing, he seems like a really nice guy, and can always make us laugh at the live streams! I just wish he had twitter!

11. Favourite WooHoo spot in any game?
      Favourite WooHoo spot? Photo-booth. Enough said.

12. And to end things off! Where do you see PixelGaming in five years time?
      I take each day as it comes when it comes to my channel, I can see more diversions into other gaming mediums, but I will always stay Sims focused! By that time who knows, the Sims 5 may be in production! I treat the channel with a Carpe Diem attitude so who knows what difference five years will make! One thing is for sure, I have no intention of ever stopping!

1 comment: