Wednesday 21 August 2013

Interview : SoToniJ

SoToniJ is another Let's Player full of enthusiasm and from her videos you can tell she is real, die-hard Sims fan! On top of this she also runs a blog about her and her Sims too!


1. So, tell us how you originally got into the Sims franchise!?
    One day in the year 2000 I was watching TV and my mother came to me and said that she couldn't get a game to work. So I went on the computer to see this game called The Sims and I picked up the manual and read it all the way through. Then I did the tutorial with Bob Newbie and started playing his household. After a few hours my mother came to me and asked me if I fixed it and I told her nothing was wrong with it. She said they weren't speaking English and I told her that they had their own language. I stayed on the computer for another 8 hours playing it. That is how I started playing The Sims! 


2. How did you react when your channel reached 100 subscribers? Are you shocked by the big support from the community?
    When I reached 100 subscribers I couldn't believe that there were 100 people watching me. I was super excited and nervous at the same time because I'm so quiet and shy in real life and there were people that actually liked to listen to me on YouTube. I love the support from the community. It feels like a big family to me because we all enjoy the same thing and they are willing to support me. It is amazing.

3. Are you excited for The Sims 4?
    Honestly, I'm excited but a little nervous about it. I will be more excited once I see what it has to offer. I was the same way when the Sims 3 was announced.  I loved the Sims 2 so much I didn't want to move on until I saw The Sims 3 trailer. Now I love the Sims 3 so much that I don't want to put it down.

4. What new big feature do you want to see in The Sims 4?
    This is hard. It is split between two things. I want to see Seasons in the Base game along with the Aliens for sure. I also want to adjust the heights of Sims in CAS.  

5. If you could create any expansion that hasn't been created before, what would it be?
    Wow! Hmmm, I would create and expansion based on movie making. It would come with mods that Sims film makers use and the game will make it easier to create movies. There would be new hair, clothing and objects in the game to help tell a story. Sims will be able to interact with more objects like picking things up from the table and slamming doors. I would also include more interactions between Sims and make it to when they speak, you can choose their emotion and actions for each scene. 



6. What type of simmer are you?
I would consider myself a caring Dreamer Simmer. I create Sims to either do the things that I've always dreamed of doing or I help them live their dreams. I try to take care of them though they like to do their own thing most of the time.

7. Are you looking forward to the Movie Stuff pack and Into The Future?
I've never really been into stuff packs but I'm very excited for Into The Future.

8. What has been your favourite expansion pack of all time during the Sims series?
My favourite is Superstar from the The Sims. I loved how they could explore their careers and you could watch them work. The objects that came with that expansion were amazing also. They included NPC's that were actual celebrities and the Town was amazing to me. I spent 8 hours each day the whole summer playing it when it came out.

9. Do you prefer store content or content from Stuff Packs?  
I prefer Stuff Packs because the packs that I own have multiple items that can flow together and I like having physical copies of my content rather than downloading it from the store.

10. Finally, where do you see your channel in five years time?
Wow, in 5 years I see my channel growing to the point where I will be able to give exclusive information on what the Sims team is doing behind the scenes, and the community will be able to communicate with them through my channel. I think it will open up new opportunities for me and other simmers and I know that I will make so many friends from it. It will be a channel that all Sims lovers will go to to see what's new.

Thank you for this opportunity :)

No comments:

Post a Comment